Colonoscopy Prep Tips
To make the prep a little easier, try some of these tips:
- Chill those fluids: To make bad-tasting liquids more palatable, keep them chilled in the freezer. Try flavoring them with Kool-Aid or Crystal Light.
- Use a straw: Drink liquids through a straw placed far back on your tongue.
- Drink soda: Carbonation can fool you stomach into thinking it’s full.
- Try various kinds of soup broth: Strain vegetables or noodles and drink different kinds of soup broth.
- Fool your stomach: Hard candies, popsicles and Italian ice can make you feel like you’re eating solid foods even when you’re not.
- Subscribe to Netflix: Catch up on all those TV shows you never got around to watching. You can watch entire seasons in just one day!
- Go to the library: Schedule some holds on books you have been wanting to read or movies you’ve been waiting to see. Give yourself something to look forward to, and that will make the prep day go faster.
There is power in positive thinking. You can do this! Making your colonoscopy appointment is a commitment to yourself and your family that you want to stay healthy. According to Harvard School of Public Health, about 40 percent of all colorectal cancers could be prevented if everyone had regular colonoscopies. Make your appointment for a screening, and let’s eliminate colon cancer together!